Go Paperless! Sustainable Events
Updated: Nov 23, 2019
Sustainability is how we maintain Earth's resources and its everyone's responsibility. Sustainability focuses on meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
Where do you start? How do you make a difference? How can you change your ways to make an impact? We need to know what and how things can be done differently.To really make a change we need to understand how we can truly make an impact and reduce carbon foot print.
Make a note(on any of your preferred digital device) the list of paper items you used during your last event. Here's a list of general paper items used for an event:
1) Paper Invites
2) Paper cups
3) Notepads during corporate events
4) Print papers at the registration desks
5) ID cards, Cue cards
6) Decor items
7) Gift wrappers
8) Survey forms
9) Maps, speaker's lists
10) Advertising - coupons, flyers, posters and much more
Being green is more than just buying 'eco'. It is an unshakable commitment to a sustainable lifestyle.
As an event planner, its our responsibility to make changes in how we conduct an event. What can we do?
1) Send out email invites/ create a Facebook page instead of paper invites. This also most convenient to know how many people have received invites and if there are any changes to be made, it can be done real time.
2) Registration or conducting surveys could be done digitally
3) Advertising online - We can get a count on how many people we have actually reached, also easier to target the right people
4) Alternative decor items, sustainable
Almost every paper used in an event can be replaced with an Eco friendly option. Going paperless is the first step in making your events a sustainable one.